Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My First Post

Cycling for a Good Cause
I did not realize until last week that a former classmate of mine had died of cancer. A surviving sibling is now raising money to fight cancer with a bicycle ride. Here is the weblink in case you might be interested and in the Louisville, Kentucky area in early August. http://www.sunshineride.org

I use to ride quite a few events: New Albany Harvest Homecoming, Derby Legal Aid Society, Indianapolis Nite Ride, and Charlestown Depot. Once I got a house my free time went away...

How I spent my evening:
I am continually amazed at the amount of work that needs to be done to keep a house shape. Tonight I was fixing up nail pops in the walls. This process involves either: 1) Pulling the nail and replacing it with a drywall screw or 2) driving the nail back into the wall. Once the protrusion is back in the wall, drywall compound (mud) is applied over the area. It then depends out how many coats are need until the sunken area is filled. After it drys, the mud is sanded down. The area is sponged and/or vacuumed of dust and then the area is painted until the spot disappears. Time is then spent cleaning up the paint supplies and removing the plastic from the area.

No comments: