Sunday, October 12, 2008

Harvest Homecoming Festival - New Albany, Indiana

Yesterday, I volunteered at the Habitat for Humanity Floyd County/New Albany Indiana chapter at their Harvest Homecoming Festival booth. This event is the only fundraiser for the organization besides donations from organizations and individuals for the year. Things seemed to be going well with brisk donations for the raffle items. The chapter is working on their 19th house.

I did not see all the booths I normally see and the chicken dumplings did not seem homemade from the ladies at the local VFW. They seemed too oily but still tasty.

The weather was warm bordering on hot. In the past, I would be getting dumplings to stay warm but not this season. Also the apple dumplings booth across from our booth was selling at $6. Yikes, I thought it use to be $4.

The drinks were still $0.50 at the Fraternal Order of Police and Boy Scout Troop 36 at Holy Family so I always try to buy drinks from them each year.

I wish I had more time to spend there but had to volunteer as the Louisville Science Center.

No comments: