Monday, October 15, 2012

Chicken and Wine Sauce

One of my favorite dishes to cook is simply called Baked Chicken in Wine Sauce. You start with the above ingredients plus Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup and finish with the dish below. It is a dish my mother taught me to cook and I tend to cook it at least once every one-two months. I serve it a variety of ways one with rice or mixed with rice turning it sort of into a casserole. Growing up my mother served it with mashed potatoes. Vegetables that can complement this main dish are broccoli, corn, garden salad, asparagus, or spinach. One day I will try to post the recipe.
Over the years I have changed a few things, instead of cooking wine that can have a lot of salt, I use low cost dry white wine (1.5 L bottle). Also I use lemon juice instead of lemon slices when baking at times. Skim milk instead of whole milk for a lighter sauce and also in making mashed potatoes.

No comments: